Monday, June 24, 2013

Old Friends

Imagine my excitement when one of my mother's oldest friends sends me an email asking for prices on pictures. I was ecstatic. As I mentioned before, I am always flattered and humbled when family and friends choose me to capture their beauty. It means they trust me. It means they like my work. It means they support me. It almost always brings a tear to my eye to hear them say, "have seen her work and she is Awesome!!" It makes this all worth while. It makes following my passion and dreams easier.


Robert & Becky

Meet Robert and Becky. Becky and my mother went to high school together. Can you believe it? She used to babysit me. And I, in turn, babysat her children. And here I am, all grown up making portraits for her and her husband.

Sunday morning Robert and Becky, my son and I headed out to explore a new location I scouted out. It was perfect!! The sun was bright but there was plenty of shade. It was so nice to walk, click, talk, and catch up.

Ms. Becky


Through our catching up we discovered that we have family in common. Nevermind the fact this woman has caught me picking my nose as a toddler - it doesn't really get much more family than that - but we are now related by marriage, sort of. As my cousins have grown, started relationships, and had children, they've intertwined Becky's family with my own. My cousin is now her great nephew. How cool is that?
Mr. Robert

I was happy to have been able to count on my son for his help as my assistant. It also my makes my heart warm to be able to share my passion with him.  Beside their grandson's second birthday party, they haven't had the chance to meet my son as an almost grown up. I think the last time they may have met him he was still in diapers!! Imagine that.

Thank you Robert and Becky!


All in all, it was a fabulous session in beautiful weather with great conversation with fantastic life-long friends. I do hope I get the chance of photographing their Harleys next time. ;) That. Would be. Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there!! I'm so happy you are here. Feel free to leave me a message or comment!